The novel coronavirus (COVID-13) has been in the news as the disease continues to spread and it is causing concern and anxiety for many people. School closings and travel advisories are contributing to the uncertainty of the times.
I'd like to take a moment and share with you the steps that Green Mountain Hypnosis has taken to reduce the transmission of the virus.
- Providing a clean and safe environment for my clients has always been a priority, In addition to regular cleaning and disinfecting between clients, we will add disinfecting between clients of the common areas, door handles, and other surfaces that clients come in contact with. I will be washing my hands between clients, and when leaving or entering the office suite.
- Our cancellation and rescheduling policy has always been flexible, and will continue to be. Because it is in your best interest as a client to maintain the continuity of your sessions, I ask that you give as much notice as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule for any reason. I encourage you to stay home if you are sick or caring for others who are sick.
- We will be continuing to offer online sessions using Zoom video conferencing for clients who are restricting their travel or who prefer not to come to the office. Hypnosis sessions through video-conferencing are just as, and sometimes more effective, as in-person sessions, since you are receiving the suggestions in the environment where you will be experiencing the changes you create.
- I have implemented new flexible payment options for new and existing clients to make our services more accessible.
We specialize in stress and anxiety management, helping people just like you to feel more in control of their thoughts and feelings. Now, more than ever, it is vital to take time for self-care to maintain your health and ability to care for others.
- I will continue to accept new clients.and monitor the recommendations of the CDC and Department of Health. A plan is in place to transition to online sessions should that become appropriate.
There are several ways hypnosis can help as we navigate these uncertain times. Hypnosis can be used to help deal with the stress and anxiety surrounding the events taking place in our communities. While hypnosis cannot eliminate the virus, it can help you to reduce stress, improve your quality of sleep, and approach the situation with clarity and preparedness.
We know that stress depletes the body's resources, weakens the immune system, throws off our quality of sleep, and increases unhealthy cravings. Using hypnosis to change the way you naturally react to stressful situations will be beneficial both now and in the future.
As we move forward together, please feel free to call or email me with questions, concerns, or to simply talk. Sometimes people just need to be heard. With all that's going on, please reach out if you are feeling overwhelmed or isolated.
I look forward to continuing to work with you and provide excellent hypnosis services in a way that best serves you.
Karen Gray CH, RN